wont start after govenor removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearl111

Well-known member
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
434
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
Hello again HELP. After I took governor out of predator 212 hemi I thought I put every thing back together correctly. When tacking out the governor the cam came off. When I put the cam back on I lined up the crankshaft dimple tooth in line with the cam shaft dimple groove. Was this the correct way or did I mess up. This probably is not the correct term the little valve that rides on the cam that goes up towards that head slid out too I slid it back in also. I do have spark I pulled gas line that goes to petcock plenty of gas there. I even tried a pinch of starting fluid, but I still get nothing only the spin of the crankshaft when I pull the cord. How bad did I mess thing up. Thanks for any help or info. mike.
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
71
Location
White Settlement Texas
Yeah...your pushrod isn't seated on the rocker arm...just so we don't get too technical here: that little squarish dohickey on top....yeah...take them there 4 bolts and tern em lefy.... take that sucker off...and you'll sees what I is talkin bout.
 

pearl111

Well-known member
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
434
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
Thank you I just saw a video on what you just told me. Now back out to give it another try. One thing though I did learn something new here. So I guess the more I learn the faster I will go. thanks again for the info and help. mike.
 

cavfire

Member
Messages
110
Reaction score
1
Location
auburn, georgia
Yep, lifter dropped and a good chance pushrod is no longer under the rocker. After that's all squared away if it's still not wanting to crank, try holding the throttle open some while cranking. By default the governor will hold the butterfly open when the engine isn't running which helps when cranking.
 

Mekanickel

New member
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks everyone, I just had the exact same issue after removing the governor off my Tecumseh. I took the valve cover off and sure enough one of the Rockers was sideways and the push rod wasn't even touching it. Did the trick and fired up like a charm. Just a note to everyone else who does this, make sure you plug the hole in the crankcase where you remove the governor linkage from. My legs and sandals are pretty oily after running it for 10 seconds before I realized what the **** was going on!
 

pearl111

Well-known member
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
434
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
It works thanks poboy kartman after that info it all made sense. Took the valve cover off and with a flash lite I could see to put rods in lower part then I slipped the upper part of both rods back under the rockers. Each one had a little dimple to sit in. Put cover back on. I had already reworked throttle linkage. Two pulls of the cord and started wright up. thanks for all the help. mike.
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
71
Location
White Settlement Texas
It works thanks poboy kartman after that info it all made sense. Took the valve cover off and with a flash lite I could see to put rods in lower part then I slipped the upper part of both rods back under the rockers. Each one had a little dimple to sit in. Put cover back on. I had already reworked throttle linkage. Two pulls of the cord and started wright up. thanks for all the help. mike.

It's the only reason they keep me around , once every couple of years I actually help somebody out.:thumbsup:

Actually, I can't take credit for this one...I went to the couch and shook Chancer awake...he knew...and then WENT BACK to sleep! Lazy Californians!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top