• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Why you love a specific go kart brand.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Im bored so here we go.
I love yerfdog as a brand because they made cheap easy to work on decent looking buggies and karts that are super interchangeable and fun as heck! Also they are super cheap! (I dislike they used tecumsehs though :ack2:)
And i like my ken bars because they are just cool and can take a heck of a beating.

Attachments

• 20200317_192429.jpg
    20200317_192429.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200317_192451.jpg
    20200317_192451.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 4

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Bird Engineering karts are cool. They've got a heritage stretching back to the late 50s when karting was just getting started. Plus according to one old ad I've seen, you could essentially order them in different trim levels and with different options, like a real car.

Plus they just look cool and are a lot less common than other karts!

I believe they always used Clinton 2 strokes(early on), and then Tecumseh 4 strokes, but with a Briggs, I couldn't ask for a better kart!

I still have yet to see a Bird Stinger, they're VERY elusive!

Attachments

• DSCN0013.jpg
    DSCN0013.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 2
  • PE Ad.jpg
    PE Ad.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 5

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
I like my manco's and my ken-Bar. My manco dominator is a fun kart that is easy to work on. And it handles pretty well, and it doesn't torque steer as much as you'd expect from a 1wp two seater. And my ken bar Streaker DD9 is built like a tank, and thanks to the differential, it turns well on dirt and limerock (there isn't much asphault around me). Though the sprockets are of the unicorn variety.

And I happen to like tecumseh's. I've got one that used to push around my 400lb streaker with 22" tires, 6:1 gearing, and a cheap old tav with a 6" driven, all the while having only 6hp (it might have had a 5.5hp carb though). And then I have a newer briggs from a pressurewasher. The engine's complete junk (we're talking 28 psi of compression), and yet the pump is still brand new almost, and puts out plenty of pressure. Also I have a 7 ish year old briggs mower that overheats after 5 minutes of use.