Which torque convertor should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youtheotube2

Anonymous Coward
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Ive settled on getting a tc because id rather pay the extra $50 or so instead of getting a clutch for $100. Being that I know little to nothing on torque convertors, which one do you recommend? The factors I have are cost: I dont want to spend more than $200 on the whole thing if possible, and engine type. Ive got a 16hp clone with a 1 inch crankshaft. I dont have a jackshaft yet so that doesnt matter.
 

spyder1968

New member
Messages
285
Reaction score
1
Location
New Bedford, MA
i have a 40 series on a slightly modded 420cc clone.......works great. provided you dont over gear it and then get stuck in the deep mud with 2 people on it ! LOL !
how big are your drive tires?
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
If your going to get the 20", do it before you set up gearing. The shift from 11" to 20" is massive, in terms of engine work load.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top