where do you get your metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricalBen

Reaction score
i have always used scrap but ran out i am a firm believer in recycling but id like to buy some steel where do you all get yours alot of you seem to have nice fresh stcok to work with

newrider3

Reaction score
I use black steel pipe from Lowes for some things, and some expensive *** square tube from a local metal supplier. The rest is just re purposed cut offs from my frame, or small pieces of plate out of the trash.

AutoMX

Reaction score
either ERW or DOM, most of which will be cold rolled, and avoid galvanized if you're gonna weld, unless you have no other choice or its ridiculously cheap (avoid conduit). cold rolled should be a little stronger as the process should temper it a bit (going through the welding and other processes)

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
I read somewhere that metal supermarkets is just about the most expensive place to get metal, and you can find it at half the price of metal supermarkets. The website didn't say where though, so shop around.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Yes metel supermarkets is VERY expensive. Cost $38 for 1 foot of 1 1/2 and 1 foot of 1 5/8!!
i talk about it
So yes or no? And I just realized that it's a chain company and not just one location in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.