Where can I get the right wheels?

FrankRyan

Reaction score
Hi all. Thanks in advance for any help. My young lad and I have been scouring the web to try and find the right wheels for this project.

It's our first go-kart and we are keeping it simple to start with.
The issue is sourcing the the 'Drive wheel'.

I can find similar wheels but not the drive version

Can't import from the US (as we are in Ireland) UK or EU is fine to buy from.
Any help is appreciated!

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
:welcome2:
I hate to be a downer but that kart is unsafe. It’ll crack over bumps and splinter in a crash. I wish these builds weren’t all over YouTube because they are dangerous. I’m very strict when it comes to safety for kids and this about as unsafe as karts get. Look around your used market (I’m not sure what that looks like in Ireland) for old metal frames. Much safer. Good luck!

FrankRyan

Reaction score
:welcome2:
I hate to be a downer but that kart is unsafe. It’ll crack over bumps and splinter in a crash. I wish these builds weren’t all over YouTube because they are dangerous. I’m very strict when it comes to safety for kids and this about as unsafe as karts get. Look around your used market (I’m not sure what that looks like in Ireland) for old metal frames. Much safer. Good luck!
No worries! Thanks for the advice. There is a metal plan we've seen that uses the same wheels / engine. I'm handy with a welder so I think we will go to box frame route. Safely first!

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
No worries! Thanks for the advice. There is a metal plan we've seen that uses the same wheels / engine. I'm handy with a welder so I think we will go to box frame route. Safely first!
Check out kartfab’s free plans, simple and easy with lots of videos for everything. He used to be an active member here. I’ll look around for wheels and such, hopefully I can find something for you in Ireland.

G.W

Reaction score
If ya lived in the states I'd tell ya to run down to harbor freight and just space out the sprocket. Since you are across the pond your best option is to find an old garden kart of a couple of hand trucks to rob the wheels off of

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
If ya lived in the states I'd tell ya to run down to harbor freight and just space out the sprocket. Since you are across the pond your best option is to find an old garden kart of a couple of hand trucks to rob the wheels off of
No. Those bearings are not made for high speed, only how fast a hill could push ‘em. High speed bearings and wheels designed for high stress are the only way to insure safety. Remember, this is a kart for a kid.

G.W

Reaction score
No. Those bearings are not made for high speed, only how fast a hill could push ‘em. High speed bearings and wheels designed for high stress are the only way to insure safety. Remember, this is a kart for a kid.
I forgot he's putting a kid on it. In my opinion the only thing those wheels are good for is my gas scooter. I robbed the tires and put them on the aluminum rims so I had the aggressive tread on them.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Many of the suppliers in the US I believe will ship overseas. BMI, GoKart Supply, MFG Supply, Go Power Sports just to name a few. You could also try the Jungle store (Amazon) or the European version of it. Sorry that’s all I got. Stick around and start a build thread on it. We’d love to have you! Welcome!!!!