When is someone ever going to make a replacement for the Comet 40???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcook3333

Dean
Reaction score
Nuff said. There's a bunch of Tav30 options out there, but nothing for the 40. The remaining 40 drives on ebay are crazy expensive and there's not a single driven out there.

J.Bourne

Reaction score
Who on earth did you speak with that thinks they would ever have replacements? Just curious man.

I spoke with their customer service department. Before Comet went out of business people began buying up their parts in very large quantities to create a surplus. The parts are still available "for now" in a limited quantity. I found a place yesterday that has over 30 series 40 drivers still in stock, they just don't have any drivens. They'll get there new supply in October; rest assured.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
i'm sry but i don't have high expectations for people getting comet stuff (don't get me wrong i would be extremely happy if they did) every supplier i have seen has been saying, available in march, march comes, available in may, here comes may, there it goes, ect

p.s. do you have a link to there website?

redsox985

Reaction score
I forget the name but there's a UK based kart company that had Comet parts a few weeks back, in decent quantities too.

fowler

Reaction score
there will be a company out thee that makes 40 series my bet is they were making them when comet was but they are small, proberly chinese and doing it illigally

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I can honestly see smaller companies like kart shops tracking down and selling small quantities of these, large corporations however would not feel it was worth their time, effort, or hassle. This is why I find it hard to believe Northern will be selling those products again though they may be on their site.

dcook3333

Dean
Reaction score
I think that I've given up on anyone ever making a one-for-one replacement for the 40 series. Maybe it will happen, but let's assume not and let me re-phrase my question.
When will somebody make a torque converter setup for the 16-18 hp 1 inch engine shaft arrangement? Is there somebody out there who makes one? I'm not going to tie myself to the comet stuff if there's a suitable substitute for the whole thing.
The TAVs from GTC have 1 inch options, but the max hp still says 13. I'd be hesitant to run a lot of power on those little belts.

armyvet

Reaction score
yeah just run the one rated for 13hp,just gear it low with a 70t sprocket on the axle. necessity is the mother of invention,do what you got to do sometimes

J.Bourne

Reaction score
This note came from MFGsupply. Says some other company bought their equipment and is making comet parts. This is why they'll receive a shipment of new parts eventually. Read below: "NOTE: After Comet suddenly closed their doors last fall another US company purchased most of their production equipment and inventory. We have placed a huge order with them and they are aggressively ramping up production and have made some shipments to us, but most of the clutches and many parts are still in production and currently not available. We will send out Comet parts as soon as they become available based on customer's order date. Feel free to contact us for current availability. Email us or call us at 800-826-8563."

Status
Not open for further replies.