• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

What’s y’all’s favorite “garage music“?

panchothedog

Reaction score
Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Ritche Valens, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino. And while I like to crank it up a bit, I guess that I am sooooo old that there is such a
thing as too loud. But I don't own a sound system capable of doing that.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Here is some metal for ya :cornut:

Megadeth - Lying in State
"What we are witnessing is the decline of western civilization" (Um...current events?) :devil2:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Ray Price, Roy Clark (he also drag raced hemi mopars) Little Jimmy Dickens, Charlie Pride, Willie Nelson, WaylonJennings, Alabama, Faron Young, Buck Owens and the Buckaroos, Earnest Tubb, Carter Family and a million others. My grandfather was friends with a lot of those guys.
One time I was at my grandparents house and Jimmy Dickens called. I had to tell him about the little perch I just caught. I was 3 or 4 years old. He was super nice to a little kid. Got a picture of my dad dancing in a diaper in front of the Grand Ole Opry stage while my grandma, Kitty Wells and another unknown lady are sitting on stage watching.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
When I was 16, I worked in a hardware store just south of Nashville. Little Jimmy Dickens used to come in on a regular basis. I sold him a weedwacker once, big sale for me. The girl n the paint department used to smoke weed on the loading dock. Tsk tsk.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
No he didn't but wouldn't have mattered, he couldn't have held a candle to Owen, the hilarious old man who worked the floor with me. He used to chase the women customers all through the store. Literally. I expect LJD and Owen shared a few laughs.