What's the deal with the r1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman1215

New member
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Near Gulfshores Alabama
8 e heard about the r1 s . I'm guessing you have to build it your self or get someone to build it Do you guys know anyone that would build one and ship it to you. Just curious thanks
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Welcome to the forum....this is a worldwide forum....please fill out a profile location so we can better advise you....

And please read the forum rules....
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
8 e heard about the r1 s . I'm guessing you have to build it your self or get someone to build it Do you guys know anyone that would build one and ship it to you. Just curious thanks

Nah still made...
yamaha-r1-06.jpg

just check your local Yamaha dealer :2guns:

'sid

PS I know.. but with a question like that what Answer did you expect?
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
He must referring to the R1 rifle....
Perhaps landuse will chim in to help shed some light on the subject. He might be a little familiar with this...
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
93
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
You would have to build that yourself or maybe buy it from the guys Widow. Yeah around here most of us do not endorse putting a 1000cc 4 cylinder motocycle engine on a 150 pound go kart. But it is on u tube so it is possible. You just wont get a ton od support here.

Oh and we pick on everybody! Just don't wake up the Poboy, don't double post and fill out a profile location.
 

J_Walker

New member
Messages
898
Reaction score
1
Location
Florida
You would have to build that yourself or maybe buy it from the guys Widow. Yeah around here most of us do not endorse putting a 1000cc 4 cylinder motocycle engine on a 150 pound go kart. But it is on u tube so it is possible. You just wont get a ton od support here.

Oh and we pick on everybody! Just don't wake up the Poboy, don't double post and fill out a profile location.

150 pound go kart... implying the mid 2000's frame weights where more then 150 pounds?? :surrender::lolgoku: I'd say 80lbs is about what the bare frame weighs alone.

Also, its 2015.. if you're putting anything but the H2s supercharged monster into the back of your gokart, its just gonna be subpar and you're going to want more power in just a few weeks... :lolgoku::funnypost:

Also has anyone actually seen the H2s torque specs? GROSS. 300hp with only 115 FT.LB of torque? I've seen stock twins from the 90s get better ft.lbs with half the displacement...
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
I was referring to the
at the beginning of your post; what's that about?

Most people who have one of these karts build them themselves; we don't recommend or condone mounting such a high powered engine on such a small kart...

don't double post

Yes please; you will find an Edit button in the lower right corner of your posts...
 

Gman1215

New member
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Near Gulfshores Alabama
Ok I'm done with the forum mostly.

The 8 was supposed to be an I and the e was not supposed to be there.

Sorry about the double post not sure who it hurts though.

I'm done with the forum mostly I got in a fight and am just done. Ttyl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top