whats the best engine?

who makes the best small engine

  • Briggs and stratton

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • honda

    Votes: 12 66.7%

  • Total voters
    18
Status
Not open for further replies.

KieranM

Doin It!!
Messages
1,409
Reaction score
3
Location
Kilkenny, Ireland
just a general poll. who do you think makes a better engine for reliability, performance ect.

Also who is best for the availability of spare parts and stronger upgrades, and which engines have better quality stock parts and have not fallen to plastic parts where steel parts would be more suited.

Basically who makes the best small engine?
 

freakboy

the names 'mater
Messages
3,961
Reaction score
2
Location
hick town
price cause there flat head so the eco nuts hate em... but there hell of a lot more durable... one can be made in 1960 and it will still run 2nd pull with no rebuilds.
 

theo

New member
Messages
872
Reaction score
1
What type of briggs are you talking about? Flat head briggs to a ohv honda?
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
My dad says Briggs are harder to start than hondas is this true? Also I'm saying cheaper as in on eBay they go for less money
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
lol i find em easy as hell to start just choke yank and go.... that sounded wrong....

I'm staying well, WELL away from that one!!!

Anyhow, I think this kinda gets into the whole Ford/Chevy thing, personal opinion will likely be the deciding factor. I own a Honda GX340. i love it. I want a Briggs flatty to play with, seeing as they're so popular, but I've never toyed with one so I'm unqualified to comment.
 

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
4
Location
vermont
Both are good engines, honda are generally more expensive. Ill take an old briggs over a new clone anyday though.

One of my favorite small engines i own is a 1989 kawasaki 12.5hp vert, its just very well built and looks good too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top