Whats a good price for used Mower wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman231994

New member
Messages
724
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia
I sourced some rear wheels off a scrapped ride on mower. But when i was asking the scrapyard if they had any i completely forgot to ask for a price.

Its straight from a scrapyard so i think theyll be cheap, but could anyone who has bought some before give me a rough estimate of how much theyll cost me?

I live in australia but our dollar is pretty much on par with the USD at the moment so no need for conversions really
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
Maybe $20 if they are in usable condition, cos I payed £20 for mine, and used stuff in America seems cheaper.
Edit: I should have read the whole thing. I would say $30 az maybe.
 

jman231994

New member
Messages
724
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia
Thanks.

Hopefully your right. I'm gonna try and go get them on monday so i guess ill have to wait and see
 

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
38
well... i got an entire ride on mower for $30 total..... lol.....

but depending on the condition its hard to tell.
 

jman231994

New member
Messages
724
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia
well... i got an entire ride on mower for $30 total..... lol.....

but depending on the condition its hard to tell.

Haha how come i cant find stuff like that in australia. I guess the scrappers probably only pay 150 bucks a tonne or something so thats only 15c a kg. Therefore if i gave em a dollar per kg of the wheels weight they would be getting heaps of profit hahahaha.

But they may pay more for usable stuff....then why would someone be scrapping it :confused: haha

yeah about $30 in aus

As before....i hope so. Even less would be heaps good. They are a pretty big scrapyard....BUT

They charge 10 bucks to look around for 15mins :( so i havent actually gone and checked it out completely. Something about safety regs meaning they need a guy to go around and keep an eye on me.

Anyway, I'll give them a call before i go to school on monday to see what theyll charge
 

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
38
Haha how come i cant find stuff like that in australia. I guess the scrappers probably only pay 150 bucks a tonne or something so thats only 15c a kg. Therefore if i gave em a dollar per kg of the wheels weight they would be getting heaps of profit hahahaha.

But they may pay more for usable stuff....then why would someone be scrapping it :confused: haha



As before....i hope so. Even less would be heaps good. They are a pretty big scrapyard....BUT

They charge 10 bucks to look around for 15mins :( so i havent actually gone and checked it out completely. Something about safety regs meaning they need a guy to go around and keep an eye on me.

Anyway, I'll give them a call before i go to school on monday to see what theyll charge

they charge you to LOOK? wtf?

well i dont have a scrap yard near me... but that sucks... i could spend all day lookin for crap.
 

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Messages
2,387
Reaction score
24
Location
Central PA
"They charge 10 bucks to look around for 15mins"
that is a freakin load of crap...

My brother was suposed to ask at our junk yard... i forgot to ask him though :p
i need to go there to look for cool crap sometime
 

Badot

New member
Messages
677
Reaction score
2
The only scrapyard around where I live has very strange prices... I asked about a seat for a riding mower, and they said $30 (further stating that a new one at a store would cost $40... which would also be returnable, and have no rust or cuts in it), however one time I needed an IAT (intake thermometer) and they gave it to me for free. Personally, I'd do it like an auction -- choose what you're willing to pay for it, and don't budge (unless you can go lower :thumbsup:)

Charging money to look around though... I've never heard of that one.
 

jman231994

New member
Messages
724
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia
Yea i think its rediculous....Sure it would be fine if they made me sign something saying its my own fault if something goes wrong, but making me pay to practically have a tour guide. Thats just messed up.

They can get away with doing it though because they are really the only one anywhere near where i live that actually allows you to go in and get stuff then buy it.....Everywhere else just buys metal off people. Somebody should complain :|

I have to say though, from what i saw from the reception office, its pretty cool.
I was just expecting random bits of scrap metal but they have old mowers and engines and wheels and yea....everything
 

jman231994

New member
Messages
724
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia
Ok i gave them a call just then cause i didnt have time before school.

The guy said they charge on weight of the steel rim and the tyre is free. He estimated that a full set of 4 wheels would be around $20 AUD which i think is pretty cheap considering i only need two.

Only problem is they dont have any at the moment but he said they do get them in so i should just ring every few days.

Next time i call them ill see if they have anything like a trashed kart there cause some cheap sprockets and brakes would be sweet....Maybe even bearings if im really lucky.

Its a pain i cant go look around for the stuff i want for free though :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top