What To Do First

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1017

Reaction score
i have an older 5 hp briggs and stratton motor, an arc welder and can get metal for cheep. have never done this sort of stuff before but am planning on doing lots!! i just wanted to know what would be the easiest but still fun build, a mini chopper or a go kart?
please help

morphing metal

Reaction score
first draw a frame design on paper. then go out and buy some steel pipe (or steel square pipe). i also find it helps to look at other peoples karts and use some ideas. i'm only 13 years old and i have already welded, pieced together my first go kart and starting on a mini choper. so, im pretty sure you would be able to do it. if you need a clutch go to this website, its cheap and good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

good luck :D

P.S.
( i built my go kart without any help)

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
just matters what you want -- and whether you'll have a place to ride one or the other.

also with a kart, you can take a passenger. But it's just whatever you want!

mikeandike

Reaction score
I'd suggest tubing not pipe, cause pipe is heavier. i guess me and morphing metal are in the same boat, I'm 12 and im building a go kart also.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, pipe (from home depot, etc) is heavier. I'd use it only for a small project. I made the chopper from it, it worked out. but a full go kart? nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.