what should my project be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

02mx-5

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a baja/warrior mini bike for 300 bucks. If i buy that i am willing to spend another 300 on it. Should i go crazy and make it wicked fast? or does someone have a good idea of what i can do with $600? If i work on the mini bike, what mods are recomended? Billet rod, flywheel, 18lb springs, cam and maybe a flat top piston and new head is what i was thinking. I would have JUST ENOUGH for that.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
are you talking about the dirt bike or cruiser styled doodle bug? northern is selling their doodlebug for 250, with a engine tav etc rtr. i think it only has a 2.5hp motor. say 100 for a 6.5, and you can sell the 2.5 for say 50. 300 right there. the baja warriors sold at tsc (around here) go for 6 easy. 300 would be a steal if same bike. the billet rod is usually around a bill isn't it? the fly, same; and a head is 45-65. cam is 50-129? what exactly are you trying to do? you trying to go fast with reliabilty? you can find running titled motorcyles for 500 or so. just have patience which ever way you go. being winter is coming won't prices go down on parts? and you may find good used performance parts cheap.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
which ever way you go, i would invest the extra money in running on water! look up stan meyer. really.

02mx-5

Reaction score
No no. Im not getting a doodle bug. Im getting a baja or warrior depending who you ask. http://forum.gon.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134308&stc=1&d=1207938144 This is the bike im getting. I am trying to go fast. And i dont want any engine failure or injuries. It has a 6.5 on it. No torque converter. If i put on on it, how much faster could i go? What about buying a pit bike engine off ebay and putting that in, or maybe a lifan engine. That way i could have gears for a decent price.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
a tourqe a verter just gives you variable toruqe and speed. i dont think it increases speed at all.

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
Put a motorbike engine in it. For that money you could get a half decent one. Short of doing what tyler has done in his drag engine, no mods will get the industrial engine to go even CLOSE to the power and speed of the bike engine. + you get gears, and you could even transplant the disc brakes from the bike onto your minibike.

02mx-5

Reaction score
I looked up northern tool and the mini bike they have for 260 doesnt have a TAV. at least i dont think so. If anyone has a good link that shows that the mini bike has a TAV let me know.

02mx-5

Reaction score
yea thats what i thought, just a jackshaft. What about putting a lifan engine in it? You can get em on ebay for less then 300 bucks. i think theyve got 4 or 5 gears. 200cc i believe. Are these anygood?

Status
Not open for further replies.