what kind of paint can i use with s air spray gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
When it all comes down to it, a spray gun is a spray gun, and paint is paint. Unless you're into a specialty coating like epoxy or bedliner, the sky is pretty much the limit. Use whatever is appropriate for what you are painting, and thin according to the instructions on the can.
 

zip kart

New member
Messages
449
Reaction score
0
Location
ireland
id only really be spraying a kart or quad that sort of stuff
so if i thin down any gloss etc paint i can use it ?
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
You got it. The label will tell you what type of thinner, and the maximum dilution. Remember to follow the label. If you buy acrylic paint and try to mix "paint thinner" in, you'll create a toxic goop that will never dry. Read carefully. (BTW- I'm a painter by trade).
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hey- hot tip here- Rust paints like Tremclad and Rustoleum thin very nicely with Acetone. It flashes off faster, no residue, and does not compromise the integrity of the paint like low grade Varsol/paint thinner/mineral spirits...
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Would turpentine do in stead of acetone?
I hate the smell of acetone if I can avoid it and can better the piney fresh smell of turps.
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
What does it say to use for clean-up?
Mcktuzy- I believe so, but can't advise you much further. I haven't used actual turpentine since my late teens or early 20's... been awhile...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top