What kind of motor???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencelll

New member
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I bought this go kart with no engine. I’m not sure what kind of engine to buy. I’m thinking gy6 obviously but not sure about short/long case. I think I’ve seen something about type a and b as well. Any insight would help
 

Attachments

  • D403DCFF-447F-4859-8ED0-0DED8BC409EF.jpeg
    D403DCFF-447F-4859-8ED0-0DED8BC409EF.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 8CD6CBC5-BDCA-46F4-969C-EC18A778F907.jpeg
    8CD6CBC5-BDCA-46F4-969C-EC18A778F907.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 2
  • F1C2CBDE-0F60-4BC6-B9E8-BFC6CC24EC40.jpeg
    F1C2CBDE-0F60-4BC6-B9E8-BFC6CC24EC40.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 1DC302AF-2910-4AC8-A413-1836C45EB223.jpeg
    1DC302AF-2910-4AC8-A413-1836C45EB223.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DB8764F2-EE60-4984-833A-942AD5403315.jpeg
    DB8764F2-EE60-4984-833A-942AD5403315.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 4

karl

Well-known member
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
718
Location
North east Ohio
Well it looks like the previous owner had his hands in it.

All the motor mounts are cut out, so It will be quite difficult to mount any gy6 back in it.

If your custom fabricating anyway, Id go bigger. Scooter motors aint no party in a large buggy.

Just look for what you can find local for cheap, motorcycle, atv, dirtbike, whatever has chain drive.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top