What kind of Go Kart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcook3333

Dean
Reaction score
Okay, I know that this is a DIY site and I've been doing that with my son's kart. So much, in fact, that I've located a few ATV parks in the area who have said we are welcome to bring good karts. However, I'd need to come up with something for myself sooner rather than later so that I can take him. I'd like to find something that I could modify if it goes bad and I see there's a lot of really cheap brands out there. What I want is a two seater - good for an adult. Either 250cc or 150cc (that I could replace later). What are the good brands? Yerf-dog? Ken-Bar? Roketta? ACE? Maxxis? I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. Actually, I prefer that...

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
these smaller dune buggies by the chinese companies, look ok, but they start falling apart pretty quick. manco and some others that are made here, are using chinese engines, probably other parts too! personally i haven't seen one that they have built that would take the abuse i dish out, but maybe they'll be cool for kids.

dcook3333

Dean
Reaction score
American Sportsworks is Manco, right? There is a ken-bar 11 hp suspension cart that looks good... There's some used yerf-dog 3206's that i see out for sale. I'm not planning on abusing these - just want to get out in the woods and not get stranded.

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
correct, amsprtwrks is manco. for reliability in running, i would say one with a gy6 motor. yes, the rings are not as good as jap manufactured stuff. the gy6 is normally electric start, some with kick auxillary, and most with reverse. the fenders and suspension nuts and bolts end up lost after a couple of weeks. i'm younger, as such i've never really had anything that i had to check every nut and bolt before i went out on it. most times i don't even check oil, no blown engines to my record, thankfully. the chinese are capable machines even in 150cc. 300+ guy running around at 40 mph, not bad at all. of course his rings wore out prematurely, but they went fishing and mud bogging in it too.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Its really all up to you. if you have any links to what you have in mind please share them. mabey we can point some problems out that wont be to obviouse for someone newer to the kart world.

Status
Not open for further replies.