• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

What kind of go kart/buggy is this?

Diygokarter

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what kind of go kart I have?

I have questions on the front end.
The angle of the wheels just don't seem right. They aren't straight. Not sure if it's a toe issue, chamber, bent spindle. Suspension off. When I lift it and set it down it's fine. As soon as it moves it goes like in the picture. There is movement in the bolt that holds the spindle. But I can't fit a bushing in there. Not sure what I can do. Any help would be great. Rhanks

Attachments

• 20210511_160312.jpg
    20210511_160312.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210512-202541_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210512-202541_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

Diygokarter

Reaction score
More pics of the angled tires

Attachments

• 20210512_194537.jpg
    20210512_194537.jpg
    945.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210512_194544.jpg
    20210512_194544.jpg
    801.8 KB · Views: 9

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
No one knows because no one has seen your thread. I found your thread in the Off Topic Forum! 🤣

It looks like a Manco 606 Scorpion but I know that's not right.
Front spindles look bent to hell. Yikes.

Hellion

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure how it's supposed to look from the factory, but the front (and rear) suspension looks sacked-out. In other words there should be more ground clearance but the shocks appear to be worn out or not strong enough for the frame.

There should be more downward angle on the front suspension arms, which would fix the excessive negative camber on the front wheels.
In fact, I would wager that a slight bit of positive camber on the front wheels would be acceptable when the kart is unoccupied.

Once the the driver is seated, the wheels would assume a more or less zero camber stance. That's what you want, anyway.

Diygokarter

Reaction score
It was my first post, I didn't know where to post. But since the post, I found out it's an old yerfdog.

The suspension is still pretty bouncy so the shocks are sorta ok. I thought about cutting the support and re-welding it straighter but I'll wait and see and fix it when it breaks. Kids ride pretty slow so it should last a bit.

thanks for the replies :)

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Reaction score
It definitely looks like a Scorpion or Magnum but whoever did the "Mods" they hacked it to hell. I would DEFINITELY make sure that when they stretched the chassis they did it correctly and rosette welded a pipe or round within the frame rails. If not you're lookin at death in no time

Hellion

Reaction score
Ask one of the mods to move it to the correct forum.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. 👮‍♂️

It was my first post, I didn't know where to post....

The suspension is still pretty bouncy so the shocks are sorta ok. I thought about cutting the support and re-welding it straighter but I'll wait and see and fix it when it breaks. Kids ride pretty slow so it should last a bit.

Yeah, maybe it's still bouncy, I didn't say it wasn't, but the camber is all wrong. Maybe your kids are too fat? 🤭
In the long term, your front tires are going to wear out on the inner edges first. And that will be fabulous. 😁

Looks like a Yerf Dog 3200 {with a non original car seat added}. I found a manual for it: http://www.bmikarts.com/PDF/3200_B.pdf
It has basic instructions for adjusting the shocks but the model 32001 has detailed instructions for adjusting the shocks and camber. Wow...

32001: http://www.bmikarts.com/PDF/32001_F.pdf

All these manuals are on BMI: https://www.bmikarts.com/Yerf-Dog_ep_44-1.html