What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budrago

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I just bought this go kart as a project for my son and I. I'd like to identify what make and model it is so I can get replacement parts for it. I know it's missing the front of the roll cage and a few other things but I can't seem to identify it.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 23

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
you're welcome ;)

Anyways, 99.9% chance that you cannot find any "original manuafacturer" parts anyways..
(there is no manufacturer left from back then.. old stock is almost completely gone)

So you'll be left with generic parts anyways..

still want to know what it is?
If so, we need some more details of the kart (some more pics)

'sid
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Kinda looks like a "Carter Super wheel"?
With added nerf bars and Cage.???
Search Google images under that^
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,199
Reaction score
4,174
Most karts utilize more or less generic parts, at least those of the older classic style that do not have proprietary shocks, suspension arms and so forth.

You should be able to get this one back on the road using the vast array of basic parts we have at our disposal.

As for identifying the make/model of the kart, better photos (front, back, side views, closeups of components) are called for. Also, are there any labels left on the kart anywhere, even if painted over? I would search for those, even if it's just a serial number.

 

Budrago

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Here's a few other pictures. The back of the heats say Carter. But that's all I have
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 10

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
So Yeah it is a Carter Brothers Kart, and Like Hellion Said, Most any Generic (Azuza) Kart parts will be correct.
What parts are you particularly looking fo?
 

Budrago

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Ideally I'd like to replace whatever possible. Throttle rod and linkage, it had band brakes not sure if how the setup is supposed to be. I have an idea but I'd like to find a diagram of this stuff. There's a few other pieces that came with it that I don't have a clue what they are. Even the guy I bought it from doesn't know what they are. The lights are still good but the bars will need replacing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top