What is this setup coming from an oil fill?

AndyAndyAndy

Reaction score
Just saw this bike for sale and just wondering what is going on over there?

Hose coming from and oil fill hole, going into a beer can and splitting into two.

2021-02-04_095025.png

2021-02-04_095055.png

mckutzy

Reaction score
Off hand... It might be a breather, with a catch can and vent...
But really, I have no Idea....

Snaker

Reaction score
I would say mckutzy is correct.
Be interesting to see where the two hoses go to at the rear.
The oil fill hose may be the new vent and or the drain for vented oil mist to return to crankcase.
No doubt the reason is because the air box has been removed, so no return to that.
As far as buying it I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, unless its advertised with a bad engine.
That carb intake would be vacuuming the dirt off the front tire.

ThunderKart79

Reaction score
Suzuki turned the engine on the FireCat series in 2003 and it allowed my 700cc two stroke to pump out 145 hp and the FireCat setup was light and ridged compared to the ZR chassis it replaced but that bike would only see an improvement until the engine sucked as much fine dust as 02 and I bet every time the bike was used you would notice the loss of throttle response yes you could put a filter on it if you bought it but that engine is already over due for a rebuild

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
It's a neat looking sort of rat-bike. Has a lot of charm and looks punk rock.

You get people like that who may have had a poorly running bike, then notice the bike runs better with the air cleaner off so they leave it off.
You just know that engine is roached... Run!

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
That's an old-timers' ole-skool crankcase breather for stroke and windage. Rigid ones were mounted on top of crankcase with fitting attached to bottom of upright 6 oz. tomato paste can, gravity return of oil to crankcase, small triangle hole from "church key" in top of can.
In above pic, black tube near edge of can bottom is gravity oil return. Lower tube on right goes to crankcase relief fitting. Upper tube on right is open to atmosphere as breather.