What Is This $50 Kart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtband

Well-known member
Messages
1,772
Reaction score
70
Location
St. Louis, MO
They are selling 2 karts like this. $50 each. I'm sure it's a concession kart or something, but what's it good for? No engines.
 

Attachments

  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 19
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 14

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
252
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
it'd help to have rear wheels to, so add another 60 but yes.. it should be some fun;
it might even look cool if you remove all the safety gear ;)

'sid
 

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Messages
444
Reaction score
10
Location
Maryland
$50!!!??? I'd buy them both. Even if you never got around to fix them up, you could resell them for more.
 

qtband

Well-known member
Messages
1,772
Reaction score
70
Location
St. Louis, MO
I'm going to check them out for sure. They are being sold by a metal recycle place. My guess is somebody dropped them off to be recycled and they're trying to make a few bucks over scrap price.
 

bshinn

New member
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Location
China Grove, NC
I'd toss $75.00 at the guy for both. Plan on a little more than $100 to power it. All the ones like that I have seen are heavy as hell and sport a Honda GX390. Don't think a 6.5 Predator is going to hack it. Still HF has a motor for it, and it can be a TAG as well, figure about $450 for the motor clutch & chain.

Get a torch and put that thing on a diet & it should be a blast.

Just noticed it's milling the left front spindle. I would make sure you could canabalize one of them to get at least one roller. I doubt you'll find that spindle on the shelf at your average kart shop.The wheels should be fairly easy to source.

Also, IIRC all the ones I've ridden have had converters not clutches on them. So you might want to take that into consideration.
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
The idea behind the safety gear is they are driven by mostly kids who can't drive...

Another idea is to leave all the bumpers on & use them as bumper cars or maybe even demolition derby cars (wouldn't that be fun :D) without doing any damage...

True, it'll cost a few dollars to get them running but, for an initial outlay of $50 each, you can't go wrong...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top