What if anything I need to know about this... FIRST mini-bike(maybe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
Today I went to a guys place that had a mini-bike for sale on CL for 200$. I gave him a call and he informed me that it was sold. This guy 2 weeks ago sold a Dingo (restored) for 300$:mad2:... so I kept his # cause he repairs/fixes mini-bikes and go-karts for what seems to be a hobby. On the visit I took 'Pill' to let him see that I actually knew WTH I was doing and he wasnt gonna get anything over on me. :thumbsup:

He was impressed at 'Pill', and lead me to his workshop. He has several 'collectors' mini-bikes for sale... but outta all he has, only one caught my eye (mainly cause the collector ones were in the 1-2k$ range... and the one I looked at was only 100$ no engine :(engine in pic was just for placement) surrender:). He isnt sure who made it, but it does have wire harness foldover tabs, and the frame looks to have had at once a possible motorcycle engine in it, due to the locations of, what appears to have been motor mounts. It has a drum brake, and what looks like lighting mounts.

Im not TOO terribly curious bout what it is, but would be nice to know what to call it, before I put a 'name' to it :thumbsup:. Im throwing on a HF212 and gonna run it by CClutch tell I can afford a TAV2. I wonder what ratio is 'safe' for a mini-bike. I 'believe' it has 13" wheels on it... and it 'looks' like a 60T #35 on it now. In the future I may try to slide in a 16x6.5-8 as a drive wheel, but thats after the TC is got.

Any answers/comments are welcome seeing as that this is my 'first' mini-bike... most any proper info will be absorbed. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• CAM00029.jpg
    CAM00029.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 23
  • CAM00032 (2).jpg
    CAM00032 (2).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 16
  • CAM00030.jpg
    CAM00030.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 16
  • CAM00034 (2).jpg
    CAM00034 (2).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 14
  • CAM00031.jpg
    CAM00031.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 24

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
That is sweet!
I like how it actually has a swing arm with shocks, not just shocks connected to a seat.

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
You might have to do some frame modifications to add a larger rear wheel you talk of, huh?

I have been considering getting theses tires for my mini bike, sidecar, and maybe even front wheels on go karts. But def on mini bike to lean in to Corners more....
Regardless I know your bike will be worth following.

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
I SSSSSSsssssssoooooooo hate liars!

Today, I gave the guy 'John' a call to let him know I was gonna come get the mini bike. As I got there I saw him removing parts. I asked him what's up? His reply was "100$ for the frame 'ONLY'..." even though 2 days ago he said 100$, as is, w/out the engine/clutch...

As I walked out he hollered, 'Merry Christmas', inwhich I involuntarily hollered back "F*C* OFF!". I honestly hope he catches fire and his brakes fail!

rmm727

Reaction score
Looks like a Bronco of some sort. That front rim may have been a 7" one. Hard to find tires for. I have a Bronco TX-1 Deluxe. It has 7" Rupp style 2 pc rims with Pirelli tires. Kinda neat mini bikes.

Good call on walking away. I never pay (or like to pay) more than 50 for a frame or 100 for a roller. Now unless I could stumble across a Taco, Rupp, Lil Indian, Bonanza, or fat-tired mini, that'd be another story.

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Reaction score
Looks like a Bronco of some sort. That front rim may have been a 7" one. Hard to find tires for. I have a Bronco TX-1 Deluxe. It has 7" Rupp style 2 pc rims with Pirelli tires. Kinda neat mini bikes.

Good call on walking away. I never pay (or like to pay) more than 50 for a frame or 100 for a roller. Now unless I could stumble across a Taco, Rupp, Lil Indian, Bonanza, or fat-tired mini, that'd be another story.

I won't bad talk bout him, other than his 'collector's' pricing to someone like 'me', n afew other lil things that have made me 'NOT' recommend him for anything other than buying a 'pieced-together' complete mini bike... but 'I'd' still recheck everything like I found it o the side of the road...

Hate to break it to ya... but he has/had some/all those... he's one of those 'restorer's' of collectors kinda guy... seemed kinda weak on the 'fabrication' side from the looks of acouple things in his shop. I know he sold what he called an Indian... heres afew pics i found he neglected to remove... Think he wanted $200. for the 'Indian'...

Attachments

• 00V0V_iTeowGxg7q8_600x450.jpg
    00V0V_iTeowGxg7q8_600x450.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 01414_fIf6q6nPjpJ_600x450.jpg
    01414_fIf6q6nPjpJ_600x450.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 8
  • 00s0s_8RWLkeIdMjJ_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_8RWLkeIdMjJ_600x450.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.