What have I

hovel

Reaction score
I found this in the swap meet at the Barber Vintage Festival. It came out of LaGrange Ga., maybe it wasn't too far from home. The adjustable caster, camber and track width caught my eye. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it but I've got some motorcycle engines lying around. Hmm. I can't find any stamping or tags on it but maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. Can anyone help ? Yes, it's sitting on a piano dolly. I have more pics. Thanks.

Attachments

• Kart front.JPG
    Kart front.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
  • kart L caster.JPG
    kart L caster.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • Kart back.JPG
    Kart back.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 20

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Cool, looks like one of the Coyote brand sprint kart models from the 1990's era.
You could email your pics to them and ask for I.D.
Here's their site: https://coyotekarts.com/

I was trying to remember your name while replying but I was unable to. I knew you'd have a good answer. On that note, who are our currently active moderators? I don't know how to find you guys in the current-software iteration of the forum.

hovel

Reaction score
You'd have better luck asking that in a racing kart forum. I bet a member there can ID it in one glance.
Thanks for your input. I'm in unfamiliar territory and had to start someplace. Based on your knowledge and experience could you please suggest a site/forum or two. Don't suggest Bob's, tried that, no luck yet. I can't believe someone couldn't I. D. this stub-axle front end.

panchothedog

Reaction score
So build it and don't get all hung up on the brand or who manufactured it. If the guys on Bob's couldn't identify it you're probably not going to find out. They are pretty knowledgeable and have just about seen it all as far as racing karts go.

hovel

Reaction score
don't get all hung up
Au contraire. I'm in unfamiliar territory and just kinda like to know what I'm working with. More knowledgeable folks might suggest that this frame and very different front end is inherently flawed and not worth any time or effort. I've looked at a lot of pics in the last two weeks and haven't seen anything quite like it. Besides, I was really interested in vintage karting, bought his thing on a whim, and have so little invested that I can just walk away from it.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Don't suggest Bob's, tried that, no luck yet.

Darn it, I was going to suggest Bob's. Sometimes people just don't know or it takes a week or longer for someone to see your inquiry. Don't forget that this is the Thanksgiving Holidays, the de-facto Christmas season immediately right after Turkey Day and the madness of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping frenzy is upon us. People are busy with all that right now.

Frankly, it boggles my brain to no end that these kinds of karts rarely if ever have easily located and legible manufacturer logos on the frames. You're not the first with a "what have I" question. If they did have logos or badges on the karts like automobiles do, I would have to guess they were removed by the previous owner because they were trying to personalize it.