what happens when im bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

noktrnl80

Reaction score
i was trying to sell my china 250cc dirtbike because the frame is to heavy for it to reach my type of speed, then 2 days later i happen to find my old gokart frame sitting in the back:idea2:. mayb ill cut the front off my gokart n put it on the bikes back end... yea so we asll know how that woulda went n after 10min of slow thinking i figured it would just be allot easier 2 swap the motor. then i figured that if im going to use an off road motor might as well upgrade everything else.

So now i have my childhood go kart getting pimped. made some new front spindles to aquire my 15" lawn tractor tires which pulled the front end from 3" to 7" off the ground. then i got my old lawn tractor 8" rear rims with a 3/4 keyed hub and threw some old atv tires i had on it. extended the frame 6" and have the motor mounted on homemade adjustable motor mount.

Now my situation is before i spend 5 more hours cutting and welding the rear hubs and suports, is my 3/4 keyed live axle shaft good enough for my new 27 hp motor? or do i have to worry about it twisting and bending on acceleration and jumps (mind that i am using my stock dirt bike 8" sprocket). and i dont know what my gear ratios are on the 5spd yet but what would any of you experienced minimoto tuners think when i say my HEAVY dirt bike went 55 topped out (i mean this frame is 115lbs w/o the tires) how fast do you estimate this kart will go? any other sudjestions or comments? anything that will stop me from dragging it from the tracks will help.

thanks so much in advance
:useless:
:iagree:

ill have piks soon

Status
Not open for further replies.