What engine is this?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmckean12110

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
My dad recently bought a gocart and having trouble finding out what engine is on it for oil and fuel purposes. Does anyone have any idea what kind of engine it is?
Thank you!
 

Attachments

  • 20180422_225331.jpg
    20180422_225331.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 22

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Off hand I'm going to say its a Yamaha 2stroke for a racing gokart...
I reckon there should be some markings on the block...

Now this is a guess... But there is some knowledgable people here that'll say for sure, have a bit of patients... They'll chime in soon...
 

65ShelbyClone

Active member
Messages
690
Reaction score
197
Location
SoCal
Yamaha KT-100s are a lot more blocky in shape and the ignition is typically on the inboard side.

That looks more like a Parilla product to me.
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
253
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
tough..
I mean that's certainly a distinct look.. just one I've never seen before..

the head reminds me of a Vortex.. maybe an odler Rotax *shrugs*
but a tied head and segmented cooling fins..
I haven't seen that engine before.

Anyways, if I had to make a guess.. I'd put it on the iame shelf for now
(since it's likely the biggest in 100cc karting engines ;))

But inspect the crank case closely .. you'll likely find some markings;
eninges like these need a homologation in order to be race legal,
And that should be stamped to the case at the very least

'sid
 

NewbCarter

Member
Messages
403
Reaction score
4
Location
Solin , Croatia
Parillas are usually rounder in shape ...

Reed induction , with what looks like a complete PVL ignition , and an Ibea L3 carb ...

Edit : definetly a Merlin Atomic engine ... dont know the specific model .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top