We're back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The site was hit with a DDoS attack yesterday, effected a bunch of servers. But we're back!

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Yeah, me and a couple other members emailed back and forth all day...... We were bored...... Needing a "fix"..... I ended up going to bed early, cuz I had no threads to read....... :mad2:
Glad you're back. Not sure how I'd do with 2 days of no DIYGK........ :eek:

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
I had the shakes.... Withdraws are a Mutha......Next time that happen I will be back to the chat room.

KartFab

Reaction score
The site was hit with a DDoS attack yesterday, effected a bunch of servers. But we're back!

It started out as a DDos attack, but then stopped. All of the DIYgokart members trying to load the page over and over and over and over ate up all the bandwidth and was worse than the denial of service attack. (J/K)

BirdFanatic

Reaction score
yup sure was out wow you guys are weak against intruder attack on a closed server system ? how can that be its like tryingto get a virus on a mac there closed systems so are phones .

BirdFanatic

Reaction score
Not as simple as that. Anything can get attacked

That makes my neighbor wrong he has been working on computers for years builds them and much more .He said phones and macs are closed systems and do not tend to get viruses (i dont think hes wrong just that equipment has advanced so much that people have made viruses for everything). Idid research on it and there are actually viruses for windows that phones can get but there not actual viruses that affect your phone it affects the computer.When you link your phone to your computer so tech they can harbor them.
Sorry my post was not meant to be cocky .

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
That makes my neighbor wrong he has been working on computers for years builds them and much more .He said phones and macs are closed systems and do not tend to get viruses (i dont think hes wrong just that equipment has advanced so much that people have made viruses for everything). Idid research on it and there are actually viruses for windows that phones can get but there not actual viruses that affect your phone it affects the computer.When you link your phone to your computer so tech they can harbor them.

No problem. There are a lot of phone viruses going around nowadays, for both android and windows.

DeathMachine

Reaction score

The reason that there are more viruses for Windows than Mac, Linux, or Android is money. There are far more Windows systems in use than any other, and banking and commerce is not yet prevalent on phone systems. (Yes, there are banking apps, but it's small potatoes compared to the money flowing through Windows systems)

Any site that does financial transactions is vulnerable to bots that look for such things.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just FYI, this was not a virus. A DDoS means that they are trying to access the site rapidly looking for security holes. It can end up temporarily taking down many servers (meaning a ton of sites) therefore the company just pulled it offline rather than risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.