Water Go-Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linksep

Reaction score
Well, there's not really a fitting category for this, but if anyone here is a wakeboarder you could easily convert a kart into a wakeboard winch (just found out about them today). That way you could use your 5+ HP kart as a puller to let you ride flooded ditches, disgusting little ponds, farm irrigation channels, or maybe you could even go rogue and do some urban wakeboarding in large decorative fountains.... the municipal swimming pool? I don't know, seems the possibilities are endless.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
I would rather build myself a minimax hydroplane(2 pieces of 1/4" plywood and some misc lumber), that would be cool however if you dont already have an outboard sitting around.

Linksep

Reaction score
Agreed since I don't wakeboard, in fact I've had my eye out for a cheap 10hp for a mini picklefork, but a winch will allow people to wakeboard in places you could never run a mini-hydroplane. On top of that, if you already have a kart all you need is to replace a drive wheel with a winch wheel and you're wakeboarding.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
I live in The Great Lakes State, so finding water is not a problem. You can barely throw a rock in Michigan without hitting a decent sized pond.

Taken from wikipedia: No point in Michigan is more than six miles (10 km) from an inland lake or more than 85 miles (137 km) from one of the Great Lakes.

Linksep

Reaction score
Minnesota has 805 more lakes than Michigan, that's not the point especially when both states have over 11,000 lakes. The main point is for well under $100 a go kart could be temporarily repurposed as a wakeboard winch. Far cheaper and faster than building a sea-flea/mini-max/mini-most/picklefork/etc. Cheaper and faster, not cooler. I'm with you brother, I really want a mini hydroplane.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
You would need to make a jig that gets hammered into the ground, and holds the rear end of the kart....Imagine my shifter kart as a wake boarding winch haha

Status
Not open for further replies.