Wanna make sure I dont get screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Messages
3,793
Reaction score
8
Location
Massachusetts, USA
you have a torque converter and a 6.5 clone on the (off-road?) manco, right?

that race kart will probably need to stick to just pavement, no off-road stuff. it will also probably have less torque than your manco, but will have a higher top end speed.

looks like a nice deal to me, the race kart should handle better than your old kart. are you planning on entering it into any races?

p.s. wait till anderkart comes in for his opinion on the race kart before you buy it.
 

Homemadgokarts1221

New member
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
CT
I will wait haha. Yes I have an offroad manco with a 6.5 and a TQ. I am planing to stick to the pavement, I might look into entering into some races! thanks alot!
 

anderkart

Moderator
Messages
6,430
Reaction score
385
Location
Surprise Arizona USA
It looks like the Prokart Adrenalin model:--> http://www.prokarts.com/adrenalin.html

If so, that's an Offset chassis designed for Oval racing. These types of karts turn left better, but the drawback is they dont turn right as well as regular racekarts. Although it'd still be fine to just ride around and have fun.

It's hard to tell much from that pic but it seems to be in nice shape and that's a good price. The biggest thing to look for in any used racekart is to make sure the frames never been damaged/repaired.
 

Homemadgokarts1221

New member
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
CT
So if I go to look at this I need to check the frame and just test drive and make sure everything sounds right? Do you know how much animal engines are new?
 

Homemadgokarts1221

New member
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
CT
oh wow so even though they are used im still getting a really good deal if everything works! Im going to try to set up a meeting. I just dont want so spend 500... ugh.
 

r97

Measure twice cut once
Messages
3,793
Reaction score
8
Location
Massachusetts, USA
maybe i'm looking at it wrong, but it appears to me that the engine is a flat head. If i'm not mistaken that would make it either a modified normal 5.5 flatty, or a modified briggs racing raptor flat head engine, right? anyhow, from what i see that is a flat head, 5.5, not a OHV animal engine.

if everything checks out, and you get enough $$ from the other kart, you should definitely get it. I should be building a similar frame soon, can't wait to ride something that works right!
 

r97

Measure twice cut once
Messages
3,793
Reaction score
8
Location
Massachusetts, USA
is it just me, or are the first and second links pictures of the same kart? LOL

third link looks pretty good, although expensive. the engine isn't my favorite, but it wil probably serve its purpose. if it was me i would try to get the kart for like 300, and let him take his $300 engine (although he probably wouldn't agree to that price) then buy a nicer engine.
 

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
5
Location
East Providence RI
yeah, ask him what the lowest hell go is. and then ask if hell just sell the kart without the engine. if hes soo uptight about his 300 dollar engine then you can probably get him to sell the frame cheap. Then just get yourself a good ol briggs engine cheap. I picked up a 6 horse OHV briggs engine for 40 bucks with a minibike frame cause it didnt run. The screw holding the bowl of the carb was too tight blocking the jets and not letting any gas get into the engine. and the plug was bad. Fixed those 2 things and a couple days later i had a solid running engine... just waiting on time to mount it to the minibike.

But yeah try to get just the frame and buy your own engine somewhere else and a clutch and youll be all set... A good engine for the price i heard is the predator... Or just tell your good friend Bluethunder to sell you one of his cheap, im sure hed be glad to help you out if you let him ride the kart every once in a while :D
 

Homemadgokarts1221

New member
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
CT
Hahah thanks man! I was looking into it and i am going to call him tomorrow. Even if he sells me the frame for 400 i would be happy. I wanna see if I can find a cheap animal on CL or a predator. What if I got him to sell me everything for 450? would that be a good deal?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top