Vintage Kart ID

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
is this a racer or a yard kart and WHAT THE HECK IS IT?!? its got hydralic drum brakes a mechaical steering linkage a jack shaft with dual chain drive instead of a live axle and the engine has a mount that sits very low to the ground the engine set on it is an 8hp it doesnt have any mounting holes of that size it has big block mounting holesand they look like it would fit a mac 101 if it stood up. it has an aluminum gas tank and this thing is so cool! im gonna restore it and im considering a gx340 if i cant hunt me a mac down which the guy i got it from has a tripple carbed mac 101. sorry for the terrible pic ill upload a better one later im at school and have no internet so i used my chrome book to take a picture of my phone screen lolIMG_20210817_102938.jpg20210816_170943.jpg

Last edited:

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
No such thing as a Restoration using non-original parts, so it's doubtful it had a Honda GX engine on it to begin with. I don't think the word "restore" means what you think it means, lol

Wait, I can't even tell there's a kart there. :ack2:

CAn YoU dO a whOlE SeRiEs of photos of the kart all alone, on freshly cut grass or something that's visually plain?

Good photos, left/right/front/rear and closeups of the components. It looks vintage-ish or it could be a modern rendition of someone's wet dream...

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Whatever that thing is it's got some very unusual mechanical aspects going on with it, from the pedal linkages to the CVT cover to the steering hoop. That thing's crying out for a full restoration or at the least a resto mod. If you don't want to do it yourself, maybe you could sell it to me. Contact me here or at email " mrlcwest@hotmail.com ".