Vintage kart ID needed.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd attempt to try lifting any information possible off what appears to be an emblem on that nose cover.
Easily done if it's embossed, not so much if it's printed because then you can't use solvents to remove the paint from it... you have to use heat and hope the paint doesn't pull the print if there was anything left before the paint went on.

Check under the seat for an ID tag as well, the seat itself screams 60's because the 70's tuck n roll stitches seats were different.

Last edited:

SuperBlazer

Reaction score
I'd attempt to try lifting any information possible off what appears to be an emblem on that nose cover.
Easily done if it's embossed, not so much if it's printed because then you can't use solvents to remove the paint from it... you have to use heat and hope the paint doesn't pull the print if there was anything left before the paint went on.

Check under the seat for an ID tag as well, the seat itself screams 60's because the 70's tuck n roll stitches seats were different.
It was described as a 60's rupp but can't find any pictures that came with the tri star wheels. Most have the turbine wheels and the tri stars came with this kart.

Not mine but interested.

Rat

Reaction score
It was described as a 60's rupp but can't find any pictures that came with the tri star wheels. Most have the turbine wheels and the tri stars came with this kart.

Not mine but interested.
There's a few it "LOOKS LIKE" it could be, but its a short list and none are exact...

McCulloch (nearly all had 3 point wheels also)
Rupp
Margay

Gottaknowjoe

Reaction score
I had one that was very close to it the steering mount bars were a different shape on mine as i remember it..
Looks 70ish to me. Sears and roebuck sold one similar to the one I had. Mine came from a couple of California guys that made frames back in the day.. back then you could buy anything from sears
.Sears and roebuck, and Whites stores was the 60s and 70s Amazon

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
More and better photos will always help with ID and not hinder. Ideally, we need front, back and side views and better lighting.

That's a common 1960's design on display and I agree with what Whip Kart is thinking; it could easily be a genuine Go Kart from Go Kart Mfg or a Rupp-Dart Kart, Rupp Lancer, etc.

Dart Kart Grand Prix and Dart Kart Grand-A are serious contenders for the ID too.

SuperBlazer

Reaction score
I got some pictures and info now. That was the only picture I had that a friend sent to me. 60's Rupp Dart is what he was told.

Can't find a Rupp picture with the tristar wheels though.

Attachments

• Nose.jpg
    Nose.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Rupp1.jpg
    Rupp1.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Rupp.jpg
    Rupp.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Hellion

Reaction score
You'd have way better luck on a vintage kart site. We're not collectors here, we're bash 'em, smash 'em and DIY'ers. 🤪

Can't find a Rupp picture with the tristar wheels though.

Yes but you are assuming the wheels and other components are original to the kart. The steering wheel looks aftermarket for example.
Not all Rupps had the turbine wheels anyway, but that's what they are best known for....

19EAF594-930B-4EAE-908D-192A7A2D4423.jpeg

Last edited:

Hellion

Reaction score
Many Rupp karts have an axle bracket in the rear that allows the axle to go through the middle of the frame. You can see a little bit of that in the photo ad I posted. Does your kart have that configuration?

That and other features are well illustrated in the high res photos at this link: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960s-rupp-dart-kart/