• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Video Games of the Past

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Messages
1,437
Reaction score
1,188
Location
Michigan
Anyone one here into old school video games? Mostly pre 2000?

NES, SNES, GB, GBA, N64, PS1 and maybe a few later systems.

I'm not a techy guy, modded a WII, and a few other things in the past, but looking for a handheld to mod for old games. Anyone here into that?
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,235
Reaction score
4,207
Anyone want a TRS-80 with a bunch of “games”?

I want a current Play Station so I can get back in and wander around in the open-map games like Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Revolver, they’re just so beautiful …but those are massive time-wasters.

Had a Pong and then a PS1, PS2 and that was it. I grew up ;)

Games or consoles? Tell us more Grizzly.
 
Last edited:

Sparkwizard

Well-known member
Messages
717
Reaction score
857
Location
Richlands ,NC USA
I saw an Atari console at the thrift store last week.
We have a dedicated, Frankensteined desktop computer that is a dedicated gaming monster. The video card itself overloaded the power supply, so I added an external 1500 watt power supply. We are looking for a big, curved monitor.
We a couple of Xbox consoles, but since we built this thing, we scrapped them.
 

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Messages
1,437
Reaction score
1,188
Location
Michigan
Anyone want a TRS-80 with a bunch of “games”?

I want a current Play Station so I can get back in and wander around in the open-map games like Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Revolver, they’re just so beautiful …but those are massive time-wasters.

Had a Pong and then a PS1, PS2 and that was it. I grew up ;)

Games or consoles? Tell us more Grizzly.
I was a casual gamer as a kid. NES, Genesis, PS1, PS2 and N64. My gaming days ended around 1999 and just back into them a few years ago. I collect NES game carts, SNES carts and N64 carts. I have a couple switch consoles now. Mostly play NES, SNES etc.... games when I have some free time.

I just ordered a Trimui Smart pro handheld device for playing older games up to PS1.


 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,799
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
When i was a kid we had a home PC where I would play all those Quest games. Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, etc etc. They were games where you walked through a scene and typed in stuff for the guy to do.

I remember even playing Leisure Suit Larry (google that one) :ROFLMAO:
 

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Messages
1,437
Reaction score
1,188
Location
Michigan
I remember even playing Leisure Suit Larry (google that one) :ROFLMAO:
I remember that one! Haha! My buddy's older brother had it on his computer. We were around 10-12 years old. Giggled our little @sses off!! 😂

He had Porky's for the Atari also. Another adult game based of the movie. 😂
 

65ShelbyClone

Active member
Messages
690
Reaction score
198
Location
SoCal
Dang, I haven't heard "Leisure Suit Larry" in ages.

My first game console was an NES. Alongside that was a Game Boy. Later came the Sega Genesis and the last one was a Game Boy Advance. I still have all of them, too, plus a good 32" CRT TV for them. By the time the Playstation came out, I was gaming fully on a PC and just played a friend's PS1 when he rented something good from Blockbuster like Twisted Metal or Resident Evil.

I just recently bought an Anbernic RG40XXH to save wear and tear on my pristine white GBA, plus it can play pretty much anything below PS1.
 

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Messages
1,437
Reaction score
1,188
Location
Michigan
Picked up a Trimui Brick Pro, Trimui Smart Pro and a R36 Max. Loaded all 3 up with every NES, SNES, GENISIS, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GBA, Atari, NeoGeo and a bunch of other less known systems. Brick Pro is my favorite so far for retro gaming. The Smart Pro I loaded up with PS1, N64 and Sega CD.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3586.jpeg
    7.2 MB · Views: 5
Top