• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Veterans Day 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Dude, you've REALLY got to stop holding it all in like that! :D

Seriously, I'm with ya bro - this oughta be the last thing vandals like that see in this world, and this is one old Tanker who'd be glad to assist. "Gunner - Beehive - Jackasses in the open!"

You gotta see it when I really unleash!!!

Really, this is a sensitive topic with me, I'm very passionate and emotional in my opinions on it. I will be the first to admit that I cry my eyes out watching the ceremonies every year. I'm usually together until they get the bagpipes going, then I'm an instant mess.

And every year, I find myself getting angrier and angrier on Remembrance Day (which, for the record is what we call Nov 11). Since it usually falls on a weekday, I tend to be at work. Frequently, I'll be at Home Depot or somewhere similar. Looking around, I am disgusted at how many people are NOT wearing poppies. Often, those not wearing poppies are, uh, "not originally from here". So here they are enjoying those previously mentioned freedoms and taking them entirely for granted.

Then, the moment of silence comes along, and all these people keep talking and shopping away, oblivious. My blood pressure continues to skyrocket.

Then, add in the hooligan crap I mentioned above, and I just end up having a very bad day.

EDIT- since it fell on the weekend this year, the whole family watched the ceremony on TV together. My reaction totally caught the kids off-guard, and I had some explaining to do.

And if that all wasn't enough- when the live broadcast got to the moment of silence, you could clearly hear a bunch of protestors chanting stupid crap in the background! Dammit, shut up already! Do these boneheads not get it? It's not about glorifying or condoning war- it's about respect, and thanks, and remembrance of those who did what HAD to be done, even though it wasn't pretty...

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
well im just saying what i heard. also read that it would be better for the citizens of texas if texas withdrew. it would protect its citizens. but anyway lets get it back on topic for anyone who still has something to say

And that's how a lot of really stupid thoughts get spread!
Sorry to bring this up in this thread but this is the second time I've seen a good thread like this have this garbage pop up. Keep your "south will rise again" stupidity to yourself. There will be no Civil War in the USA. EVER! Period! Goes to show how stupid people with this mentality are. Go back to the beginning of this thread and watch those videos. You think you and your hillbilly buddies with shotguns got a snowballs chance in hell with them? Lol. It's not 1865. The "union" would nuke you idiots into your next life. Someones signature said it perfectly. "it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
And if that all wasn't enough- when the live broadcast got to the moment of silence, you could clearly hear a bunch of protestors chanting stupid crap in the background! Dammit, shut up already! Do these boneheads not get it? It's not about glorifying or condoning war- it's about respect, and thanks, and remembrance of those who did what HAD to be done, even though it wasn't pretty...

Protestors? Seriously? :ack2: :ack2:
Me thinks they needs shipped off to a "government controls all" place...

souperman000

Reaction score
Then, the moment of silence comes along, and all these people keep talking and shopping away, oblivious. My blood pressure continues to skyrocket.

I feel the same way. People seem to not care at all. For example, During the national anthem at my high school football games, kids (and some adults too!) just talk and goof around, not paying attention at all. The least you could do is take off your hat! :censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.