Vent Line Issues

fluborough

Reaction score
Moving this discussion here, since it seems like a more fitting place. Sorry if this is considered spam!

Vent line on this engine has rotted and snapped. Any suggestions on how I can get this back together? Or should I just replace it?
IMG_7838.jpeg

panchothedog

Reaction score
If it doesn't glue back together, you could look for some tubing that would fit tightly into the existing piece. K& N sells a wide variety of sizes of brass tubing available at most hardware stores or model shops.

Rat

Reaction score
They make replacements, complete with the grommet... hopefully the line isn't as fried as the rest of the top of that sun baked turd.

I'm all for being a cheap @ss and cobbling things backtogether with anything that woll hold, but do you really want to risk fuel sloshing out and potentially becoming an engine fire because it found a hot header pipe to dribble onto?

Ebay
Amazon

Rat

Reaction score
I must’ve misread them as options for like, reply, report, etc.
Next time, please put them in bold, highlight them, place arrows next to them, and embed the website.
That's your mistake, not mine. With your approach, don't worry about it there won't be a next time.

Learn how the f★ckin forum works

panchothedog

Reaction score
Going to do some highjacking here, but it kind of plays into this and a couple of other questions ( problems ) that have come up recently. There needs to be a test or some kind skill set proof shown before you are allowed to buy a go kart or small engine. Did you play with Tinker Toys, or maybe an Erector Set? Do you have any comprehension of mechanical function? I realize everyone has to start somewhere, but when I think back about the stuff I ( and I'm sure many other members on here ) were doing at 12 and 13 years old, and the questions that come up now from the younger set. Their lack of knowledge about physically solving a problem is almost beyond belief. On top of that, this guy wants to chew out Rat because after providing him with TWO links for the part he needed, he didn't highlight it or put arrows pointing to it. I don't like to be sarcastic and cold, but that's just lazy and ungreatfull.

Rat

Reaction score
Going to do some highjacking here, but it kind of plays into this and a couple of other questions ( problems ) that have come up recently. There needs to be a test or some kind skill set proof shown before you are allowed to buy a go kart or small engine. Did you play with Tinker Toys, or maybe an Erector Set? Do you have any comprehension of mechanical function? I realize everyone has to start somewhere, but when I think back about the stuff I ( and I'm sure many other members on here ) were doing at 12 and 13 years old, and the questions that come up now from the younger set. Their lack of knowledge about physically solving a problem is almost beyond belief. On top of that, this guy wants to chew out Rat because after providing him with TWO links for the part he needed, he didn't highlight it or put arrows pointing to it. I don't like to be sarcastic and cold, but that's just lazy and ungreatfull.
I found tinkertoys beneath me, and erector sets were as expensive then as Legos are now. On the flip side I was a shop gofer by age 7, and I only got 2 new bikes my whole childhood (6, 10) all others were drug home from the creeks or from being sat out for garbage and I repaired them myself.

I learned a certain respect for tools early because borrowing tools and not putting them back would have shortened my life span...my Ole man was a violent POS that didn't near a reason to beat me like a rug, can't imagine how far giving him a reason would have escalated.

Anyway I was never afraid to tear something apart just to see how the pieces fit to make it go, and I never once failed to put anything back together correctly... not even spare screws lol.
My great granddad was a Hog farmer first and a mechanic second because that's how it was back then.

My grandpa was many things but most significantly he was a Maytag man... that's right the repair guy sent for a housecall by Sears[and Roebuck] to fix your appliance on the fritz after that he opened his own radio shop (selling and repairing Shortwave, CB, and Scanners for both base and mobile use) My Ole man... only decent thing I can say about that sadistic prick is that he was hands down a mechanic through and through.
I inherited my genius honestly, I didn't have to struggle for it. Much like him... tell me I "CANT DO THAT " without a logical reason and I will do exactly THAT just to rub your nose in it like a chihuahua that sh!t on the rug.
Hell even with a logical reason, the odds are obscenely high that I will figure out a way around the why not... and have absolutely no shame in doing so unsuccessfully.

I am also that type guy that can/has/ and will rebuild a transmission from bellhouse to tail seal and never once pick up a manual... I get em right the first try every time, and when I'm done it will do its job better than it did at just 5 miles old.

The way I see it, the majority born after 1998 is not worth the resources sustaining their exsistance, and almost everyone born after 2005 should have been swallowed or bagged

Last edited: