• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Usless Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Useless Facts

When the original Voyager space craft flew past Jupiter, it slowed it's orbit by 1 foot per 1,000,000,000,000 (1 trillion) years.
And you thought man made global warming was a problem?!?!?!
By comparison, the Earth has only been around for (about) 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years.
I have more...

redsox985

Reaction score
Oh jeez. This reminds me of mine and my friend's dad. When you put them together they could win who wants to be a millionaire while also winning on jeopardy. These two are crazy. Recently, an old Pirates pitcher was named and my friend's dad went off about how, on yada yada date, 1970 something, this pitcher threw a no hitter and he missed the game for some reason but he could have gotten in free because he was a paperboy and that missing this game was the biggest regret of his life. He went on to rattle off everything about this guy and the entire season.

CriticalMass

Reaction score
Thats like....(gets his abacus)..... 2.6424826653137e-21 inches lost per second!

In the grand scheme of things that's amazing. Makes you wonder what the thousands of satellites are doing to our orbit.

Whoo hoo sun trip!

Last edited:

Rustydog2010

NZ Nutta :|
Reaction score
The town with the longest name. Straight out of the Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.

Taumata-whakatangihanga-koauau-o-Tamatea-haumai-tawhiti-ure-haea-turi-pukaka-piki-maunga-horo-nuku-pokai-whenua-ki-tana-tahu, has 105 letters.

Jeremy.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Oh. I thought this thread was going to be a rant on a recent batch of, ahh, "misinformation". I find myself strangely disappointed...

Okay- Blue food. There are no naturally occurring blue foods. Blueberries aren't blue, they're purple. Who took the blue food?

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
While we're talking about morning stuffs, after 2 cups of semi strong coffee, i feel like im gonna explode!

Mmmmm, coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

And, now im tired...

CriticalMass

Reaction score
Not useless but fascinating. An engine at 5,000 RPM's, each piston (if it has more then one, or just one) hits top dead center 83 times per second!

Some newer crotch rockets redline at 15000 RPM's, that's 249 times per second!

Try pumping your fist in the air 249 times in one second.

This fact is what got me into engines at the wee age of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.