Upgrade Spark Plug

GoKartNarc

Maintained Machine
Reaction score
I have a 412cc Predator engine on a mini bike frame and a 420cc Predator engine on a Go-Kart frame. I want to upgrade the spark plugs and read that the NGK BP6ES were highly recommended. If this is true, what size gap should it be or do these kind come pre-gapped out of the box?
Thanx

mckutzy

Reaction score
When I replace from factory supplied plug, I go NGK bpr6es... Only cause I had ran those in my truck and I bought a big box of plugs..
Having R rated doesn't matter much in theses cases...

KMEFA

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the ''copper'' NGK's, & that's all I run,, except for running their Iridium's in newer cars.

.030 is the perfect gap, & helps optimize the biggest spark.

BP6ES is the best plug out there for these engines, ''as far as I'am concerned'',, & also the factory plug on all Honda GX - 200's ect.

Copper V - power NGK's,, most car racers & performance engine builders around here use them also,, including myself.

They are only around 2 bucks & change,, from like Auto zones.

I

Last edited:

GoKartNarc

Maintained Machine
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the regular ''copper'' NGK's, & that's all I run,, except for running their Iridium's in newer cars.

.030 is the perfect gap, & helps optimize the biggest spark.

BP6ES is the best plug out there for these engines, ''as far as I'am concerned'',, & also the factory plug on all Honda GX - 200's ect.

Copper V - power NGK's,, most car racers & performance engine builders around here use them also,, including myself.

They are only around 2 bucks & change,, from like Auto zones.

I
So the NGK BP6ES with a .030 gap will work for a 212cc and 420cc engines?

KMEFA

Reaction score
Don't bother "upgrading" your spark plug. Just a get a name-brand $2 replacement(like the NGK). Specialty motorsport plugs are hardly different in design and electrode layout.
Copper ''around 2 bucks & change'' NGK's,, actually out perform most of those high dollar ''gimmick'' plugs,, like those ''junk''/ overpriced,, E-2 ones.