Unknown Kart??

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzymad83

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Got this kart for free from a buddy and I'm trying to find out what kind of kart it is. Can someone help me out and pass me some ideas on what kind of kart it might me? It has a live axle (kinda), that has a strange setup. The axle is 1" keyed on the motor side and 3/4" non keyed on the other. I'm not quite sure what to do to get both wheels to drive since it looks like you would just use a bearing hub on the 3/4" side.




 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
I could be wrong but, it appears that the axle had been modified, machined down to take a 3/4" bearing hub as opposed to a locked 1" hub, therefore making it a 1 wheel drive.

The most obvious reason being that the steering is useless with a live axle setup...

As for what it is, I know I've seen that frame before but, I couldn't tell you what it is...
 

jonboy

Member
Messages
130
Reaction score
2
Location
Owensboro, KY
Its definitely an older Carter but I'm not sure on the model. Maybe one of their early fun karts or even a hot bodies. The rear has been re-engineered so to speak but it can be made to work pretty good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top