Tyre Changer/Bead Breaker Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Y'know, I coulda sworn I'd already stickied this in the Tools section, but yet, there is wasn't.

No matter- It's done now!

Well done, Tony! Perhaps shoot a vid of the whole dismount process?

OzFab

Reaction score
Well done, Tony! Perhaps shoot a vid of the whole dismount process?

It's pretty simple really but ok. The problem is it takes two hands to remove so holding the camera becomes a problem :worried2:

Just wondering if this would work with big car wheel tires?

I wouldn't try it on this little thing. Before the motorised machines came along tyre fitters used similar rigs but, obviously, a lot bigger so, it is possible

Nodroz

Reaction score
I am planning to build this in the weekend. Are you sure it works as good for a 5" rim? I need a tyre changer for my kart wheels. :D

I know you posted a video with a small tyre but not dissambly and assembly on the rim. Could you do the same for smaller or is it really exact the same thing as the bigger?

Nodroz

Reaction score
Lets build this thing! :D

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366212620752.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366212620752.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 12

OzFab

Reaction score
Sorry Alex, I missed your post.

As this was designed & built primarily for my kart rims (I now have two karts running on 5" rims) I can assure you it does work on them. The only difference is in the tyre lever when fitting tyres

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
This is great. I got one of those small cheapo ones from HF... piece of junk. It does work, but it's cumbersome.

I'll definitely have to make one of these. Thanks for the write up Fabroman :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.