TV Prod Co Seeking Builders

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't meant to confuse;
just because your HQ was close enough to Fabroman's to mention the coincidence ;)

'sid

Desertduler

Reaction score
Hey guys, just to clarify - Beyond's HQ is in Australia, but we have a US office & the shows we make here are US-based. And we’re interested in any kind of inventor/builder – it can be karts or any other type of invention.

Got Some!

OzFab

Reaction score
Ok guys, so, I contacted Julie, basically to get a bit more info, here is her response

We have a few different show ideas in mind, so that's why it's a little vague. And I didn't want to put restrictions up so that anyone could feel free to get in touch. If we find 5 people and they're all amazing, we will definitely keep them on file and see if they will fit into one of our future projects.

For one show specifically we are looking for someone who is a super passionate builder/inventor – it could be go karts, it could be robots, experiments, explosions, vehicles, contraptions, etc. The sky is the limit as long as the person has a unique and sustained interest and the projects get finished and there are results. So we're looking for someone who could be classified as a real enthusiast and devotes a lot of time and energy to his/her projects (not just a one-off here and there, not an occasional tinkerer).

And since the show will be for/from the US, I'm afraid we have to stick to US-based participants only.

Thanks for getting in touch,
Julie

IMO, T-Man would be great for it...

Desertduler

Reaction score
My only concern is having my invention ripped off by someone. I invented something for a company one time and thats exactly what happened and I had warned the owner of the company about it and he did not do anything as far as protecting the product from being stolen so all my hard work and royalties went down the drain and that sucked and I was glad I never quit my day job llike he wanted me to!:lolgoku:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
somehow I don't enjoy his yt videos as much as just pics of his karts,
but I'm sure Beyond does a better job on editing ;)

I'm a geek, I looove details,
I can watch Mark Crilley drawing for an hour straight;
And I'd want to see VTWINSCOOPs Kids Coupe in a somehow realtime video from start to finish, or Bandos Jeep, or Jays Ariel or (*put endless list in here*) or Kelly reviving some trashkart into one of his KartRods.
I would definitely love to see your engine being build Bret,
I can't even list all the stuff that would be awesome to see.
The more details the better.

That's why I think I'd like a show with another pair of hands
"Welcome to 'DI.Y not?'.
Today I'm happy to announce that my good friend and wankel fan Bret is here. 'Hello Bret'
He will -over the next few episodes- build one of his patented supercharged engines
with us."

"Cheerio my friends and welcome again to 'DI.Y not?'. Please welcome this months special guest from the very far east -well it's actually closer westwards...anyways- Hi Tony, what do we do this month?"

Ja, I'll watch that... :D

'sid

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Just a proof in concept you understand ;-) Eventually we'll use some type of training wheels obscured from the camera :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.