transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

russo2

Reaction score
has anyone ever used an old tractor transmission for go kart
if so any problems encountered
and how would i gear it like with a jackshaft to make it faster what sprockets would i need?

GoAlterBridge

Reaction score
Most lawn tractor transmissions won't work on a go kart because the axle rests directly on the aluminum differential; There are no bearings. There is only a lot off lube. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you were to go to fast, it would wear down the differential.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
put a little sprocket on teh end of teh tractor axle, and put a big sprocket on teh go kart axle. instanly less load on bushngs and increased speed

russo2

Reaction score
well it is a rear end form a really old tractor and i can change the sprocket very very easily i was htinkin i might run belt drive but i dont know
i am goin to take the rear end and use it weit a chain drive 1:1 ratio gearing reeal wuick sumtime with a 3.5 horseyy engine and try it see if i can get it goin good with a bigger engine and sprocket changes
any suggestions woul dbe mroe than welcomed

russo2

Reaction score
haha yeah very nice i have a 5.5 i was guna use for a diff go kart but i think i might just go find and old engine sumwhere hopfully atleast 10 hp

Status
Not open for further replies.