Transmission question

Zombient68

Reaction score
Hey ya'll. Been a while lol.

I have a transmission I'm trying to get some info on. Came off an old Craftsman tractor from the 60's. Anyone have a clue on the make and model? I'm curious if I could/should use it for some sort of shifter kart/bike or just sell it. It's a 3 speed with reverse.

trans1.jpgtrans3.jpgtrasn2.jpg

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
If it was tan in color. Probably a 10 or 12hp Suburban model. Do you have the hi-lo box that goes with it? Without the hi-lo that would only work with a vertical shaft engine. I have a tractor that could use both. Too bad I’m broke.

Zombient68

Reaction score
If it was tan in color. Probably a 10 or 12hp Suburban model. Do you have the hi-lo box that goes with it? Without the hi-lo that would only work with a vertical shaft engine. I have a tractor that could use both. Too bad I’m broke.
It came off an 8hp lawn tractor. The engine powered it with a belt directly to the transmission, there wasn't another box that went to it. I still have the pulley that goes on the bottom of it. I have no idea of the value of it.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
As to value not a lot. $5-$10.00. Now if you had a mowing deck, snow blade/blower or a tilling disc. Then you’d be in the money.