• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Tractor guys thread

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
i have the same exact mower with yellow rims and a red and white paint job
1636032261300.png
1636032283496.png
edit: and yes it has a hood scoop...

FlyFrog

Reaction score

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
the red craftsman has two plates from a newer lt1000 that bolt to the frame and hold the front axle in i used an existing hole in the front of the frame where the deck attachment plates bolt to the frame and bolted it there and drilled the rear plate bolt out lower to give some caster on the front axle and just used self tapping frame bolts to bolt it on like the factory lt1000 would. i plan to swap front ends and put a cast iron front axle in

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
the craftsman GT has the axle plates moved forward and remounted just about the same and the front axle widened just the axle mounting plates moved forward and the rear ends in both are factory just different tires then stock.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
i have all my pics in the thread on ATLTF.com here i made this diagram. alsoi had to weld a peice of rod and a ball joint on the drag link Screenshot 2021-11-04 1.15.35 PM.png
1636046624745.png

those plates are mounted with just the top bolt on each side the back plate is bolted lower leaning the axle back a small bit giving it caster

Last edited:

FlyFrog

Reaction score
i have all my pics in the thread on ATLTF.com here i made this diagram. alsoi had to weld a peice of rod and a ball joint on the drag link View attachment 130307
View attachment 130308

those plates are mounted with just the top bolt on each side the back plate is bolted lower leaning the axle back a small bit giving it caster
lmao we both in class and on here, i think im going to have to do this, id like that little bit more clearence

FlyFrog

Reaction score
do you know any websites that sell parts for this tractor, i need steering components that are right behind the engine and in in front of the dash

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
well if you get an lt for parts everything should be in there also im guessing first gen steering box that clunks wobbles and strips? the parts are availble on quite a few websites and id build a steering column support for it in the middle and new on the dash with grease fittings

reginasilke

Reaction score
Ok, ill bite.

First is my 1978 kubota b7100, 3 cyl diesel. Works harder than i expected...but still not big enough. Lifts about 800lbs with 600lbs of counter weight on rear...already rebuilt the steering box once 🥴

Next is the 1977 john deere 300. My dad bought it shortly after i was born. It went through a flood in 2011, sat till 2017, and ive slowely been restoring it. The frame, axles, and steering column are orig. I rebuilt the transmission. The body panels and engine are from a 314 doner.

Last is a 1968 ford lt120, with a 2011 briggs 18hp v twin....on its second tranny, does wheelies for days, and about 25mph in 3rd.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
The orange one is such a cutie. Looks pretty much string too.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
ive been too busy for either forum im on lately but i paid 20$ for a newer hydro shaft driven cub cadet with a 15hp ohv side shaft motor and i am considering possibilities with the engine so far i could sell the engine for a nice chunk of cash and swap an 18hp vtwin into it or i could swap it and keep the 15hp for something else or just run the 15 so i dont have to buy a bigger battery lol. but the cub got a set of yamaha big bear wheels put on the back (not the right way) they are janked on for fun because the cubs back tires where shot. and the little things pretty peppy already slammed it through some mud and its gonna need some taller front and rear tires some front end modifications skid plates. a big beefy front guard a tow hitch and storage rack and a bunch of other small stuff. but it should be a good workin tractor.

i needed something for getting around on my buddys property because our projects are spread out and its all offroad areas and i need to be able to transport tools also

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I've been kind of looking into yet again doing a Pow'r Pup tractor, since trying to find say a JD 318 for cheap without a grenaded oppy or any major issues is hard.