Torque Converters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam W

New member
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Hey! Well let me just say im Sam and im new here, so hey everyone.

Me and my dad have built a pretty decent offroad gokart/buggy. The only problem with it is that it has a c clutch on it right now, giving it no torque. I know I need to get a torque converter for it. I basically know how they work, but I need to know how to set it up and install it. Also I want to know which one would be best for my needs. I have a Honda GX 160 5.5 hp engine and this frame:

http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/AZ3502.html?id=X9EQy373

I want to know if it would be possible to fit a torque converter on my set up. If anyone wants to tell me where I could find some instructions on how to install a torque converter, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your help,
Sam

P.S. please let me know if im not following any of the forums rules.
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
i am putting on a orque converter on my kart at the momnent. firstly, you may, or may not know that comet, the producer of toque converters have gone bust/ are in bancrupcy, so they are very hard to buy. bmi karts sell them, the tav2, but only in 1" drive. you could modify your shaft with a spacer, or wait for a while, to see if another company bails out comet/ china picks up the market.
 

porsche930dude

New member
Messages
906
Reaction score
29
Location
Upstate, NY
whats fabricating?

you wont be able to do it.
lol

I think the way your kart is setup with the engine right over the axle its going to be questionable weather or not youll be able to do it or not.

Belts are easy to find theres a number of off brands that make them
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top