Torque converter help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnb001

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

I tried searching for the solution to this but came up empty handed. I just finished KartFab's deluxe live axle build with the upgraded 30 series TAV. I am using the Predator 212 brand new out of the box, 60 tooth front sprocket and 11 tooth rear sprocket on the torque converter. Rear tires are 140/70-6 and front are 18 x 9.50-8. Everything is brand new, I have the belt oriented angled side away from engine, my throttle is set up correctly but when I went to start it last night it idled for a bit then shut off. I had wheel chocks in front of the rear tires to prevent the kart from driving off on its own. I tried starting several more times and the rear wheels wanted to turn as I tried to pull start. I have seen videos of other karts with this same set up start without moving the rear wheels so what could be going on here?
 

lnb001

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
So the good folks at GoPowerSports were able to help me out with this. The outer part of the pulley was installed backwards.
 

KartFab

Active member
Messages
3,381
Reaction score
60
Location
Dallas, TX
Glad you could get it worked out. Dont forget the helmets for your kids and always watch them/ride with them.

Since they are so young, you can limit the throttle travel on the engine so they don't go too fast. I know comet industries (the original 30 series torque converters) sold a speed limiting kit that limited the 30 series from shifting into overdriveso you could control the top speed that way too.

Got any pictures of your finished kart? I always like seeing what the final product looks like.
 

lnb001

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Glad you could get it worked out. Dont forget the helmets for your kids and always watch them/ride with them.

Since they are so young, you can limit the throttle travel on the engine so they don't go too fast. I know comet industries (the original 30 series torque converters) sold a speed limiting kit that limited the 30 series from shifting into overdriveso you could control the top speed that way too.

Got any pictures of your finished kart? I always like seeing what the final product looks like.

Let's see if the attachment comes up. This is it all put together for our test drive. I still have to paint it.
 

Attachments

  • 57307950278__3EF84427-7F76-41A8-A47B-6C3955A555AE.jpg
    57307950278__3EF84427-7F76-41A8-A47B-6C3955A555AE.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top