torque converter assembly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

porsche930dude

Reaction score
I looked at instuctions and it didnt really say. I have a comet 20 series. When assembling the rear driver unit you pick your setting 1 2 or 3. do you have to tention the spring in either direction when putting the hub on? When you slide it straight on the scrubbers hit on the high spots. #1 ends up on the leading edge #2 ends up right in the middle of the scrubbers and #3 ens up on the trailing edge. I see pictures of it either way so which is it. i tried it both ways the leading edge workd ok but as soon as you let off the gas it down shifts hard and definatly didnt feel right. when on the trailing edge it wouldnt upshift. Could it be just because its fresh greese and its -10 degrees out so it wouldnt slide good? This is on a 5hp briggs . Thanks

leading edge

or trailing edge

jarcynvicnchris93

Reaction score
ok here you go, read this- (I got this from gokart supply website)

"You must pre-load the sping when installing it into the driven pulley. After placing the end of the spring in the desired hole and aligning the flat spots in the center of the cam with the flats on the post, just before pushing the cam all the way onto the post, turn the moveable sheave clockwise --tightening the spring--bringing the buttons past the points of the cam and into the next valley. While holding tension on the spring, push the cam all the way onto the post and secure it with a snap ring. When you release the moveable sheave the spring should rotate it counter-clockwise until the plastic buttons press against the cam. The insert buttons must not float between the cams."

Hope that helps.

here is the link for the page where I found that info.

http://www.gokartsupply.com/asymapp.htm

Jared Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.