Top speed on torque convertors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylersmd1

Reaction score
I have

i have a 6.5 hp engine on my go kart... is it worth it to add a torque a verter?? cuz i used the speed calculator and it said that it would go 21 mph...my go kart is ****ing small and i think it would have to go faster than that?? it has a 60 tooth sproket. 12 tooth clutch and a 6.5 hp engine???

Jblankster

Reaction score
youll go i bet 40 with a torque converter.

as for throttle linakge. i have that exact came motor (well its a slightly older knock off). great motors. start up on first pull every time. with every kart ive build ive had to jerry rig it onto the kart, but i can show you how its hooked up on my motor in the morning (its 11 pm... too dark to see anything).

tylersmd1

Reaction score
ok

sweet dude!...um so without a torque a verter i will have a ****ty top speed??? and high torque? cuz i dont have money for that and i think thats crazy to pay that much...thats more than the motor!!!

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
i have a 6.5 hp engine on my go kart... is it worth it to add a torque a verter?? cuz i used the speed calculator and it said that it would go 21 mph...my go kart is ****ing small and i think it would have to go faster than that?? it has a 60 tooth sproket. 12 tooth clutch and a 6.5 hp engine???

Just curious....What size (diameter) are tires on your kart and what is make of engine?
I ask because I am running 4 to 4.5 hp and easily achieve 42 mph. I expect to hit 50 mph with 6.5 hp engine that I am preparing for testing shortly. My centrifugal clutch has 17 teeth (#35 chain) and drive wheel has 11.5 inch diameter with 72 tooth sprocket. Simple, plain, straight, and gets the job done.

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 53

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
I just spelled it out for you. Please re-read my post. You have to crawl before you can run. When you have done everything as I outlined above, I can give more pointers....promise.
Can you do it?

See post # 29 in Help!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.