Tools for Karts

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I'd add drill press, MIG pliers (needed for using solid wire and gas), flap discs for angle grinder, welder's magnets (or stealing this off from KartFab; 4x8 sheet of ply wood and nails or screws to hold metal in place for welding), cheater lens for weld hood (good for people with less than awesome vision), ear protection, cutting oil (machinists will argue either way for it), electric 1/4" drive impact in place of air impact (just in case), proper welding clothes (leather gloves and leather or flame retardant welder's jacket/smock), extra welding tips for welder, magnetic tool/part tray, fire extinguisher (sparks can fly upwards of 30 feet).

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Good hearing protection is a must especially when using an angle grinder or cutoff saw! I find my copper hammer to be very useful also. (Yes I realize this is an old thread).

Kartorbust

Reaction score
When it comes to angle grinders, I prefer corded 120v. Having to swap out batteries and charge them after a lot of use really cuts into my productivity. Unless I'm working away from any power source, corded grinders work better. In my opinion.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
this has probably already been mentioned,but a nice compact portable metric/standard socket set. my goto is a kobalt ratchet set that's nice and small and has stood up against being hit with hammers and worse. I have been using it for 2-3 years now and it is still in perfect condition.