Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cover

• Use the cover till it breaks and don't replace

• Total voters

Rat

Reaction score
I figured it was a worthy topic for debate as to whether or not one should put the plastic box on their Comet/Tav2 TC's.

Options are welcome, facts are better.

So, I know the general purpose of the cover is to keep the TC sheaves dry, but it seems to me that it would also hold junk, as in belt debris and anything the chain picks up.

My thinking is it's purely optional, and I am of the opinion it's better to not bother with them.

I have heard they hold heat and cause issues, but it's plastic... how much heat could it hold before it melts? If it's not hot enough to melt is the heat really an issue?

I definitely wont bother with a cover when testing gear ratios out because I can't see what the sheaves are doing and knowing if it's shifting properly is critical to belt life.

They make clear acrylic valve covers, why has no one decided to make a clear TC cover?

I've seen some really fancy aluminum and even steel belt gaurds that people have made that just shroud the top, but I've never seen them for sale.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The covers keep little fingers and toes along with pant legs and anything else you don’t want ripped off of you from getting ripped off of you. Now with that said I don’t care for the plastic ones. Build one out of metal. The little Kevlar strings hurt too when you get whipped with them by a spinning shieve!