tires wobble

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS13

Annoying the Neighbors!!!
Messages
437
Reaction score
0
Location
Elysburg, PA
So if ya have been following my thread gokart from scratch then you know I have just gotten my tires and wheels(410/3.50x6). So today I put keyways in the axle and put the rear tires on, got the axles reattached to the kart. After adjusting the pillow blocks so everything lined up I turned the the axle. As it turned freely the tires semed to wobble like they weren't centered or anything. I checked everything and the keys are tight so idk if the tires were seated wrong or what but I had the company that I ordered from seated them, so I figured they would be good. I know I don't have pictures, and I can post some tomorrow, but is there anything that you guys can think of that could affect how straight a tire rolls?
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
The quality and tolerances of the tire, the way it's seated, the tube- even whether it's been used can factor in. If the rim appears to be running true, then wait till you've got some drive time on the tires. Get 'em nice and warm, air them down, and reinflate. They may sit better after the rubber has had a chance to get used to its new life on a rim. Long periods of storage, or how it was half-smushed while cooling after manufacture, can misshape it.
 

DS13

Annoying the Neighbors!!!
Messages
437
Reaction score
0
Location
Elysburg, PA
The quality and tolerances of the tire, the way it's seated, the tube- even whether it's been used can factor in. If the rim appears to be running true, then wait till you've got some drive time on the tires. Get 'em nice and warm, air them down, and reinflate. They may sit better after the rubber has had a chance to get used to its new life on a rim. Long periods of storage, or how it was half-smushed while cooling after manufacture, can misshape it.

Alright thanks I guess will have to wait till its finished then.:thumbsup:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top