Tire alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoltri

New member
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
I took my gokart apart to paint it and now that it's back together it pulls to the left. It worked fine before. Any tips on correcting this? It's hard to tell what is out of whack by looking at it visually.
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
152
Location
Ontario, Canada
Okay, had my cheap laugh. Check to make sure tire pressure is equal on both sides.
Make sure bearings are good on both sides, and if your front wheels bolt on, make sure neither one is too tight/ dragging. Lift off ground, spin tires by hand.
Parked on flat level ground, place steering wheel in straight ahead position, and adjust tie rods, etc until wheels are straight ahead and parallel. Things like a tape measure, straightedge and string will help aid you in this.
 

xoltri

New member
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the tips. I checked the pressures and the free spinninyness of the tires and they were good.

What actually helped the best was standing way behind the gokart (20 feet or so) so I could see how the front tires were in relation to the back tires. The left tire had negative camber which I fixed. The right tire, interestingly enough had some toe out which you'd think would make the gokart want to pull right. But I adjusted it in-line with the back tire and it no longer pulls left.

Problem solved!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top