Tire advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckutzy

Reaction score
sikbrik- I like volvo's... I wish my family kept the old 240DL we had... I really liked the seats, and what a relitivly simple motor...
You should post up a thread of that in the other builds section.. Would be interested in seeing that..

sikbrik

Reaction score

Finally a few pics. It does have a keyway for inside sprocket, plenty of room for a big sprocket, and it fits in the old XC90! :)

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

@mckutzy, sounds like a plan once I get some more pics together. I do love this old 240 wagon but it sure needs some TLC. It's a 91, super comfy seats like you said. Can fit a ton in the back. Dead simple 2.3 4 cyl (it's got almost 400k miles on it) and classic style. But this one is getting the restomod treatment...part hauler for the kart, part kart itself (autocross build.)

Last edited:

sikbrik

Reaction score

New tires next to old. As I pulled things apart, I realized the brake master cylinder is leaking and, upon disassembly, somewhat corroded inside so a quick hone and waiting for a rebuild seal kit. But, progress is progress.

Last edited:

sikbrik

Reaction score
Clearance pics

That's a 97 tooth sprocket, which is why there's only about 1.25" of clearance even with the 13" tire. It's so close to the tire, though, it should be okay in most conditions we'll use it in.

anderkart

Reaction score
You've got more sprocket-ground clearance than my racekarts.

Have you considered installing Sprocket guards? They'd help protect your chain and sprocket from dirt, rocks and stuff when riding off road. They also help keep the chain on.

Here's a pic of mine:

sikbrik

Reaction score
Thanks! Now if I told you we got all back together, ran it around, and stripped it all back down to the frame you'd probably cringe...but I think this crowd would understand.

As we reassembled and tested, we found a few things not quite up to snuff so we're back to the drawing board and going to modify this thing into a true DIY kart.

Plan is (loosely) for 5 to 7kw DC motor running either 48, 72, or 96v. We're hoping to achieve a similar performance ratio to what we have now and then start building a new frame or modifying this one to be larger and more suited to the project.

We'll check back in with a new thread once that kicks off. Thanks so much for the help to get to this point... it's been a LOT of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.