ma4u4enu.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
  • uva8eta3.jpg
    uva8eta3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:

machinist@large

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but from your photos it appears that you're using Harbor Freight wheels on the kart. They have a bad reputation for dying a speedy death when used for karting. Personally, I would strongly recommend that you look for wheels that are rated for the intended job........

ginoz28

Reaction score
The wheels are from tractor supply but, I'm sure there the same cheap wheel as harbor freight stuff. They should last for a good while with my application. I have a small light frame and it's going to be geared down to only have a top speed of about 15mph.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
The wheels are from tractor supply but, I'm sure there the same cheap wheel as harbor freight stuff. They should last for a good while with my application. I have a small light frame and it's going to be geared down to only have a top speed of about 15mph.

That's still a bit faster than they are made for. .....can you push a wheelbarrow or handkart 15 mph??????

Just saying. .....

ginoz28

Reaction score
Uuhhhh enough about the tires, them things are gonna last for at least a year with my 35# rider.
I tried to fit in it and I won't even get to test drive it, it's so small so no big riders will be on it.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Uuhhhh enough about the tires, them things are gonna last for at least a year with my 35# rider.
I tried to fit in it and I won't even get to test drive it, it's so small so no big riders will be on it.

You are probably right! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: just putting you on notice.....we are watching. .....:stir:

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
:oops: looks plenty big enough for ya..... I built a kart for one of my girls. It has a 3' wheelbase. Its 2' from the seat to the nose..... I just rode it around this weekend......

Attachments

• 1405051463753.jpg
    1405051463753.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 17

ginoz28

Reaction score
I sat in it yesterday and it wasn't pretty.
I have the pedals so my 3 year old can reach and seat is a squeeze to fit and I'm 5' 10" at 195.

I'll shove my self in there when it's done and see what she'll do. ��

ginoz28

Reaction score
Almost done with it, I thought when I ordered the chain it said 5' but it only came 3' so I need more. I also need some kind of gas tank. Heres a pick of the jackshaft setup. I also need to get longer bolts for the brake band and nuts to lock it in place.
and my brake setup.

n3480h

Reaction score
I like it. She'll have a blast and remember forever that her daddy built it just for her.

Tom

ginoz28

Reaction score
She sure will!
I keep asking her what color she wants it and she keeps telling me PINK. So I guess it'll be a pretty PINK gokart.

Status
Not open for further replies.