thunder kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
i recieved a thunder kart go kart
i looked on there and all i could find out about it is that its made by thunder karts
the tag sais "CARER BROS. MFG. CO. INC BRUNDIDGE ALABAMA either #37044 or #17044
and a #253... ummm i cant see the other #'s
if anybody know anything about this i would love to see some picks of this kart in its origanal state of being
i will try to get some pics of mine ASAP
Thanks!

Go Kart Dad

Reaction score
It looks like you and I are in the same boat, but you have more info than I do. I was given an old kart by a friend. He says it is a ThunderKart, but the tag is completely gone and it appears to have been painted at some time (at least once). It has a Robin 7hp on it but he needs the engine back and the lr hub suffered a catastrophic bearing failure so it need s to be replaced. It sems to be an odd size compared to the ones I see advertised on most sites. I am debating now whether to convert to live axle or order the newer hubs (they are longer from what I see) and replace the axles if needed when the new hubs get here.

See my thread here: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2347

I have not found any info on these karts online. Apparently the company that bought them out is out of business. It seems to have a goo frame for a project. Definately worth the $0 I spent...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.